background

Saturday, December 12, 2015

A Change...

This week our teacher announced that the house passed a bill to replace the NCLB law. The new bill will be called ESSA-Every Student Succeeds Act. I do not fully understand all of the changes that have been made, nor do I know the effects that this new change will have in long term, but do see promise in this change and hope for a better future. This is very exciting to be here for a part of history! I love that states will be in more control and I hope that this will be an improvement to the education of our children. My classroom group and I briefly talked about how this could greatly benefit education. We are excited to see what happens with education in the future. Now that we have studied laws in education throughout time, it is fun to see another change take place while we are in this class. If you would like to know more information on this change go to this link: http://www2.ed.gov/nclb/landing.jhtml


As we draw an end to another semester, I am pausing to reflect on all that I have learned in my class. I must say that I have learn and gained an application not only for those that suffer from disabilities, but those that give of their time to care for them. In my classroom, I am surrounded by so many striving to be educators and I am in awe at their drive and compassion. These future teachers truly desire to service others, and knowing the pay, it is not for selfish reasons. I have gained a new appreciation for all educators. Countless amount of hours are placed in planning, accommodating, and taking all students into consideration when running a classroom. Teachers do much more than they are paid to do. My eyes have been opened and I will be forever respectful to my past and future teachers. Thank you teachers for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment